The Sierra Club’s members and supporters are 2.1 million of your friends and neighbors. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. The Club is America’s oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization. Read more about our history as an organization, and see our timeline of accomplishments.
The Sierra Club North Star Chapter is the leading grassroots voice to preserve and protect Minnesota’s environment.
Specifically, the Sierra Club North Star Chapter advances:
Some organizations have volunteers. The Sierra Club North Star Chapter is volunteers. Our members pick our legislative priorities, conduct the work, and make real change for Minnesota’s environment.
Our members lead work on a breadth of issues all across Minnesota to protect our state’s natural places and address our most pressing environmental challenges.
Minnesota has a rich natural environment. Our award-winning outings connect members to each other and to Minnesota’s natural places, building a legacy of connection to our land.
We invite you to join us in achieving our goals.
Sierra Club North Star Chapter Diversity Statement
As the leading grassroots voice for Minnesota’s environment, the Sierra Club North Star Chapter is committed to:
- Better serving our mission and our members by becoming an intercultural, anti-racist organization that is committed to partnering with communities and organizations to eradicate all forms of oppression;
- Reflecting in our issue priorities the environmental concerns of all communities that call our state home;
- Transforming our staff, leadership, membership, and organizational culture to be more reflective of Minnesota’s diverse communities by actively recruiting and warmly welcoming members of all communities into the Chapter’s work;
- Continually evaluating the Chapter’s issue priorities and campaign plans through the lenses of equity and Environmental Justice.
We share the National Sierra Club’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity as essential to our mission because:
- Diversity is a conservation necessity and a social imperative that will enable the Sierra Club to remain a leader of the environmental movement.
- Inclusion fosters involvement of all persons and organizations that share our vision for a healthy planet.
- Environmental equity ensures that everyone has the right to experience nature and access to clean water, clean air, clean soil, and a safe environment.
The Sierra Club benefits from workplace contributions to the Minnesota Environmental Fund. If you don’t have an MEF giving option in your workplace, please contact Ed Marek at 651-917-1876 for more information.