Social Media and Blog Writer Intern
Internship — posted January 16, 2014
The Sierra Club’s North Star Chapter seeks a Social Media Intern to engage and build our facebook and blog followers.
The Sierra Club North Star Chapter is the leading grassroots voice to preserve and protect Minnesota’s environment. Nationally, the Sierra Club has over 2.1 million supporters making it the oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. In Minnesota, the North Star Chapter does this through: volunteer leadership, environmental advocacy and outdoor exploration. Our conservation priorities include promoting climate solutions, moving beyond coal to clean energy, land use planning and transportation choices, and protecting Minnesota’s forests, wetlands and waters from toxic sulfide mining.
The Social Media Intern’s role will be to help us tell the story of the great work our volunteer leaders are doing and educate the public on environmental issues while building a larger, more engaged base of supporters on facebook and our blog.
- Write one blog entry a week in connection with Sierra Club issues, volunteer activities, or related current events that demonstrates the breadth and depth of the Sierra Club North Star Chapter’s work.
- Establish a weekly facebook post designed to increase shares and draw in new members.
- Create and promote facebook events for monthly New Member and Volunteer Nights and/or outings.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Interest in environmental issues and grassroots activism
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff and volunteers
- Commitment of 5-10 hours per week. Hours flexible
Applications should be submitted by email. This position is unpaid.
To apply, submit a resume and writing sample to:
Michelle Rosier, Campaign and Organizing Manager
Sierra Club North Star Chapter
The Sierra Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer