Development and Communications InternInternship — posted January 16, 2014
The Sierra Club’s members are 1.3 million of your friends and neighbors. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. The Club is America’s oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization. The North Star Chapter is the leading grassroots voice to preserve and protect Minnesota’s environment. We do this by advancing volunteer leadership, environmental advocacy, and outdoor exploration.
The North Star Chapter is currently seeking a volunteer intern. In addition to the responsibilities below, projects will be assigned based on need and the intern’s areas of interest.
Fall Internship will start immediately, end date negotiable
Spring internship will begin in February.
- Assist with development of communications materials, including fact sheets, social media content and blog posts, and articles
- Assist with donor and grants research, data tracking and communications
- Outreach to Sierra Club members and donors about upcoming events
- Other projects, as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Interest in grassroots nonprofit fundraising, journalism and/or and social media
- Prior experience with legislative advocacy or political campaigns helpful but not required
- Available 10-20 hours per week (internship is unpaid)
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
Margaret Levin, State Director
Sierra Club North Star Chapter